As we navigate these uncharted waters together, there are so many questions that are unanswered. We appreciate your patience with us as we continue planning what is best for our district and your children. We understand the closure of schools puts many of you in hardship, and we ask for your understanding and ability to give grace to all during this unprecedented time.
In accordance with the Iowa Department of Education guidance, online learning options cannot be required. Therefore, we do not plan to provide online educational services (as this would continue to widen the learning gap for those unable to participate) but instead will provide some online resources. While we will not be listing online resources your child may have already had access to during the regular school year, students are not prohibited from using those at home. We will not be sending home any type of “packet/worksheets” as a substitute for our quality learning environment.
We will be providing some suggestions or resource ideas if your children are able to continue learning in this temporary new normal at home. These are ONLY suggestions; it’s okay to just survive and cope together without adding the stress of recreating a school environment at home. With that being said, establishing some sort of daily routine/schedule can be very helpful to children in this uncertain time. Fullest consideration should be given to your family’s health and well-being, so please do not feel pressured to utilize these resources or suggestions if they do not assist your family’s needs.
Subject Area: High School Mathematics
Here are 5-15 free online resources you may enjoy visiting over the next couple of weeks:
- Quizzes over different math topics
- Select a course and choose a topic for lessons, videos, and practice
- Math tasks: choose grade level and/or topic
- Real-world math activities
- Under “Videos and Worksheets” select a topic and watch a video/answer practice problems
- Under “Free Worksheets” select a course and choose topics to get worksheets with answer keys
- Select a course and choose topics to watch videos/practice
- IXL Math – Without creating an account, you can still practice skills from hundreds of lessons: 10 practice problems per day (per device)
We will continue to communicate as we get additional information and we look forward to seeing students in school on April 13th. Continue to practice patience and resiliency for each other during this time.