- Explaining Covid-19 to your student
- Talking to your kids about the CoronaVirus
- Feeling Games
- On and Off Switch- Progressive Muscle Relaxation video (Used at times in guidance)
- Exercise for Mental Health
- Headspace for meditation and Stress Reduction
- Breathe for Change
- Coping Skill Ideas
- Mind Yeti Youtube Channel
- Have your student teach you one of the games played in Guidance……such as “Zip,Zap, Bang”, Hello Friend or Frogger. ( Email me for instructions if student forgets)
- Play emotional charades. Use body language, facial expression and tone of voice without using the actual word for the students to guess.
- Make sensory jars. All you need is an empty bottle with a lid, beads and/or glitter, food coloring,baby oil and water. Once the lid is securely attached students can use this as a coping strategy.
- Make Homemade Stress Balls. Materials needed: Balloons, flour, sand or other filler. If possible place the first balloon in a second one to avoid leaks. This may be used as a coping strategy.
- Use playdough to express current emotions or feelings. Example: Use the playdough to make a face showing me how you’re feeling right now.
- From Worrying to Winning: Worksheets for anxiety
- Things that make you feel good Activity book
- Contact one of the students’ friends: phone call, video call or write a letter. Prior to doing this talk with your student about what makes this person a good friend.
- While reading books/ or watching tv/ youtube ask questions about the ways that the characters are feeling, how they know and how they think they may feel in this situation.