- All students have a right to a quality and rigorous education.
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive environment.
- All students have a right to be heard and treated with dignity & respect.
- All students have the right to a credentialed school counselor who collaborates with other educators, families, and the community as an advocate for student success.
- All students have a right to services that support academic, career, and personal/social growth.
- All students are capable of achievement or change, given proper support.
- All students have a right to acquire the strategies and skills that promote lifetime, problem solving, and independent learners who will be contributing members of society.
- Will reach every student
- Is comprehensive in nature
- Is preventive in design
- Is an integral part of the total educational program for student success
- Utilizes the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) National Standards as the foundation for a guidance curriculum that supports academic, career, and personal/social development
- Ensures a delivery system that includes school guidance curriculum, small group guidance, individual planning, responsive services, and systems support
- Is conducted in collaboration of all stakeholders
- Uses data to drive intentional guidance activities and to advocate for systems change
- Collects and shares process, perception, and results data and analyzes critical elements
- Celebrates Success
- Be evaluated by the counseling team on specified goals and agreed upon student competencies
- Actively involves the counseling team members to monitor students’ results
And that all School Counselors of the West Branch district will…
Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselors Association (ASCA) and participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school-counseling program
The mission of the West Branch School Counseling Program is to create a collaborative partnership with other educators; parents or guardians and the community to ensure all students have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at their full potential as productive members of society. The School Counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental, counseling program addressing the academic, vocational, and personal/social growth of all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement.