Hard Surface Only Bus Routes
Once again winter is becoming a factor as we transport students to and from school. During these months, Iowa weather can be very uncooperative. More storms with snow and ice are inevitable in the next few months and will raise our level of concern for bus travel.
Knowing the Iowa winters can be very unpredictable, it may be wise to be prepared for gravel roads that could become difficult for travel. Last year the West Branch CSD utilized a system of safety routes for buses. Our transportation department has once again designed a series of safety routes to be utilized in these times.
We appreciate parents helping us out when gravel road become dangerous for buses. There will be specific stops along these safety routes where parents can meet the buses. Buses will pause for several minutes at each stop to ensure parents can get their children to the designated stops.
- Bus #13 – Bob Cahill, driver: Begins southeast of Rochester then proceeds to west Rochester, KOA, Springdale and West Branch.
- Bus #1 – Randy Robertson, driver: Begins northeast of West Branch and proceeds to Cedar Valley south to 280th St.
- Bus #12 – Tim Crew, driver: Operates in the Mobile Home Park and just north of town on Baker.
- Bus #19 – Dave Rozinek, driver: Operates in the northwest area of the district. This route will also include Bickford Dr. and Greenview. The bus will stop at 109 Bickford Dr., 133 Bickford Dr. and 166 Bickford Dr.
- Bus #2 – Bob Hoffman, driver: Includes the southwest section of the district that includes Herbert Hoover Hwy. to Wildwood and back.
- Bus #4 – Jeff Arp, driver: Covers the area south of I-80, to Downey and back to West Branch.
- Bus # 20 – Bambi Simpson, driver: Covers one stop in Oasis, Greenview Circle, 290th St., Pheasant Run, Oliphant St., the Mobile Home Park, and one stop on Wapsi Ave.
If you have any questions, please call Tammy Oaks (319) 330-7084.