Hard Surface Only Bus Routes
Once again winter is becoming a factor as we transport students to and from school. During these months, Iowa weather can be very uncooperative. More storms with snow and ice are inevitable in the next few months and will raise our level of concern for bus travel.
Knowing the Iowa winters can be very unpredictable, it may be wise to be prepared for gravel roads that could become difficult for travel. Last year the West Branch CSD utilized a system of safety routes for buses. Our transportation department has once again designed a series of safety routes to be utilized in these times.
We appreciate parents helping us out when gravel road become dangerous for buses. There will be specific stops along these safety routes where parents can meet the buses. Buses will pause for several minutes at each stop to ensure parents can get their children to the designated stops.
- Bus #13 – Bob Cahill, driver: Begins southeast of Rochester then proceeds to west Rochester, north of 290th St. and West Branch.
- Bus #1 – Wayne Mertens, driver: Now includes the north part of the West Branch Mobile Village, northeast of West Branch and proceeds to Cedar Valley south to 280th St.
- Bus #2 – Tim Crew, driver: Includes the southwest section of the district that includes Diltsville, Herbert Hoover Hwy., Oasis, and 400th St., Wapsi Ave., Lower West Branch Rd. and 420th St.
- Bus #19 – Dave Rozinek, driver: Operates in the northwest area of the district and includes Rapid Creek Rd. This route will also include Bickford Dr. and Greenview. The bus will stop at 109 Bickford Dr., 133 Bickford Dr. and 166 Bickford Dr.
- Bus #27 – Jeff Arp, driver: Covers the area south of I-80, Centerdale, Scattergood, Downey and West Liberty truck stop, KOA and Springdale.
- Bus # 20 – Bambi Simpson, driver: Covers one stop in Oasis, Greenview Circle, 290th St., Pheasant Run, Oliphant St., the south part of the West Branch Mobile Village, and one stop on Wapsi Ave.
If you have any questions, please call Tammy Oaks (319) 330-7084.